Getting the Home Ready for WinterOctober 15, 2014
How to Stay Cool During the SummerOctober 15, 2014
As we enter into Fall, now is the time to prepare your home for the winter. Waiting until winter may be too late. You don’t want to have your furnace break down in the middle of winter when the outside temperatures are cold. So take some time now to prepare ahead of time to give you the most efficient heating.
Here are several tips that will help you to save energy in the cold winter months that lie ahead:
- Home Energy Checkup – Perform a home energy checkup. this will help you to determine where your home is losing energy and losing money. A professional technician, like Connect Building Services, can provide this check up for you. You can learn more about home energy checkups by going to the government’s energy website onHome Energy Audits.
- Locate Air Leaks – You can save up to 30% per year by locating and sealing off air leaks in your home. Look for gaps around windows, doors and along baseboards. Use a caulking gun to seal them up.
- Insulation – Check your attic and walls for lack of, or insufficient insulation. Add or replace insulation as needed.
- Heating Equipment – Clean out your furnace area and make sure you have a clean filter. Also inspect the ducts to make sure they are clean and unobstructed.
- Appliances – Consider replacing old appliances with energy-efficient ones.
Consult with Connect Building Services on how you can prepare your home for energy efficiency this winter.