It’s hot outside, and that means that you will be
running your air conditioner if you want to
escape the scorching heat.
But what if your AC is not working quite right?
How do you know when it’s time to call a professional to repair your HVAC? An obvious sign that you need AC repair is that your air conditioner is blowing hot air,
but what are some other more subtle signs
that you might need air conditioning repair?
We have compiled a list to make
it easier to spot air conditioning malfunctions.
Check out our five simple ways below!
- Much Higher Bills: If your electricity bill is more than it has been in previous years, you might want to look into HVAC repair. Higher than average electricity bills can mean that your system is not working efficiently.
- Increased Indoor Humidity: Air conditioners are supposed to decrease the humidity in your home by pulling the humidity from the air inside your home out. If you are noticing water pooling around your windows or humid sticky air inside, that is a good indication that you need to contact a specialist.
- Bad Smells: Notice a musty smell in your home lately? It might mean that mold and mildew have congregated in the AC. Problems such as these need to be taken care of right away as it can be harmful to your health and means your AC is working improperly.
- Weird Sounds: Squeaking, grating, squealing, and grinding are all sounds you do not want to hear coming from your AC unit. To avoid having to replace the unit entirely, contact your local HVAC experts as soon as possible so they can diagnose and fix it before it is too late.
- Inconsistency: If your system is giving you whiplash by working and then not working, then working again – it is probably time to call in the professionals. Inconsistency can indicate that your AC is on its way out, so it is important to call a professional if you want any hope of saving your current system.
Diagnosing AC problems can be difficult, that is why calling AC experts is key to keeping your air conditioner running smoothly. If you live in the Salt Lake City area, Connect Heating and Air provides excellent service to both residential and commercial clientele. We are committed to keeping our customers cool and comfortable, no matter what! To set up a diagnostic appointment and get your AC working efficiently again, contact us today!