Having a smaller home
might not be something you planned on.
It may also be a little more difficult to decorate.
Luckily, we’ve found 10 ways to decorate your small
home that will give your space more room and more style.
Decorate Your Small Home
- Instead of regular doors, use sliding barn doors for your bathrooms or closets.
- Put your bed against the wall so you can prop pillows up when you need to use it as a couch
- Use seating as storage for books.
- Give your window or wall a projector screen for movies or TV shows.
- Opt for furniture that suits a smaller space, like a chaise lounge instead of a couch.
- Use light colors on the walls and floor. Softer hues can make a cramped room feel bigger and brighter.
- Place a mirror opposite a window and it will bounce light around the room, making the space feel airier.
- Install floating shelves above your bed or in your living room.
- Hang up your jewelry or pretty cutting boards and trivets to clear out valuable drawer space in the bedroom or kitchen.
- Use a chest to double as a coffee table and storage.